Friday, March 14, 2008

stuff to do: next few weeks

For your ears:
This weekend, Bob Mould is playing an early show at the 9:30 club. Doors are at 6:30. I haven't decided if i'm going or not. Right now, the needle is pointing to 'not likely' because of my morning/afternoon plans and the fact i *really* need to haul ass on my plane.
For your eyes and brain:
One of my favorite writers Elizabeth Crane is coming to DC for a reading at the Dupont Circle Olsson's on March 31.

For your eyes and closet:
The Adamson Gallery on 14th street is showing photos of the coolest/best/most humbling fashion-y blogs The Sartorialist. I want to go to this show *so* badly, but I'm too afraid to- with my glaring lack of personal style.

Maybe that's why i love the sartorialist blog so badly. It's all about the vicarious living sometimes.

There are a bunch of other great shows happening soon too- the mountain goats, jay reatard, les savy fav....
and on the 26th of march the new Night Marchers record comes out- from the ashes of Hot snakes and Rocket from the Crypt although, I've heard the leaked preview and it's slightly more hot-snakes than RFTC. it's great.
They're playing May 10 in Baltimore at the Ottobar. Nothing's keeping me away from that show. Nothing, no-how.

1 comment:

Miss Pin Productions said...

Hi! Aw, go see Bob Mould! I saw Husker Du in Manhattan when I was a kid! Back in the 80's (I think it was even pre-Warehouse songs and stories!)