Wednesday, December 17, 2008

bad news/worse news

This is going to be a little bummer of an entry, but I will try to post later the spoils of my quickie shopping spree from bust as well as a little bit about my totally awesome neighbors.

bad news: I am sick. started with a sore throat monday and steamrolled into stuffy nose, lots of coughing and other unattractive things. I've been home 2 days and I feel lousy.

worse news: Have you heard about the CPSIA ruling? The Consumer Products and Safety Commission (CPSC) is trying to pass a ruling about toy makers and people who make products for people under 12.
while I don't necessarily consider my stuff for kids, i know people give them to kids. THis would mean I would have to pay for 3rd party testing of my toys and could cost up to $4000 per toy.
Bunk right? Why is this happening? Because of China and the slack import laws that allowed stuff riddled with lead to come into this country.
read more about the regulations they're trying to pass here:
handmade toy alliance and sign their petition while you're at it.

i'm going back to bed.

No comments: